It’s What’s Cookin’? Wednesday!
If you love chocolate, then this is definitely the cake for you! The only downside to this cake is the waiting time while it cools… oh, and maybe the calories 😉
- 1-1/2 cups butter (not margarine)
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 boxes Jiffy chocolate fudge frosting mix
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter with mixer at high speed
- Add eggs- one at a time
- Gradually add sugar
- Continue beating at high speed until batter is light and fluffy
- By hand- fold in flour, frosting mix, and walnuts until well blended
- Pour batter into a greased Bundt pan or a 10" tube pan
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes (depending on your oven)- the top of the cake should be "brownie-like" when done. You canNOT use the "toothpick test" on this one!
- COOL in pan for 2 hours
- Remove from pan and COOL COMPLETELY before slicing
This recipe has always been a hit or miss for me, but when it does turn out like it’s supposed to, then it’s WONDERFUL! There is a gooey “tunnel” of fudge surrounded by moist cake that just seems to make my eyeballs roll back into my head with every bite… sooooooooooo chocolatey good!
My family (ok… me, too 😉 ) is usually too impatient to wait for it to cool completely, so we end up with a “gooier” than normal “tunnel”, but that’s okay- it NEVER goes to waste (but beware… because it always seems to go to waist!). If you over-bake it, then you’ll have less fudgy “goo” and more cake… so you may have to experiment with it a couple of times to find the perfect baking time for your oven.
Try it and let me know how you like it!
It’s What’s Cookin’? Wednesday!
I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve never had any luck when it comes to preparing ribs for dinner. If I bake them, they come out dry… if I put them in the crock pot, they are just a sloppy mess of grease… and if I put them on the grill, they always burn.
And then…. I found this awesome fool-proof recipe. Now my ribs ROCK!
- 2 slabs baby back ribs (I’ve tried using other cuts, but baby back is the absolute BEST!)
- 1 package onion soup mix
- BBQ sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil- shiny side out.
- Remove the white membrane from the bony side of each slab.
- Rub the dry onion soup mix on both sides of each slab of ribs.
- Place ribs meat side down and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for approximately 2-1/2 hours, or until meat begins to pull away from the bone.
- Remove ribs from the oven and slice into serving sized portions (3-4 ribs).
- Brush each section generously with BBQ sauce.
- Return to oven (uncovered) for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn ribs over to meaty side up. Brush generously with BBQ sauce.
- Return to oven (uncovered) for another 15 minutes.
***Baking times are approximate and may need to be adjusted depending on your oven.
That’s it! These ribs are so tender that they literally fall off the bone- just like at your favorite restaurant. They taste sooooooo good, require minimal effort, and there’s virtually NO MESS to clean up!
Please click on the link above to leave a comment and let me know how you liked them!