It’s What’s Cookin’? Wednesday!
I have the BEST side dish for you to make for your next cookout!
I can’t take any of the credit for this one… since I kinda “borrowed” this recipe from my mom… who “borrowed” it from my aunt. Usually I’ll tweak a recipe that’s been shared (just enough to make it my own), but this one was perfect from the start.
No matter how it made it’s way into my little recipe box (or ummm…pile), it’s still a GREAT recipe!
And the best part?!? It has BACON! mmmmmmmm…………
- 1 head cauliflower- washed and separated into smaller bite-sized pieces
- 1 head lettuce- washed and chopped
- 1 lb. bacon- cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)- chopped
- 1 small to medium onion- diced
- 1 small block of your favorite cheese- diced or cubed (I've tried cheddar, pepper jack, and colby with great results!)
- 3/4 - 1 cup Miracle Whip
- Sugar- to taste
- Combine cauliflower, lettuce, bacon, walnuts, onion, and cheese in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix Miracle Whip with 1-2 tablespoons of sugar (depending on your taste preference) to achieve a slightly sweet, but still somewhat "tangy" dressing.
- Pour the "dressing" into the large bowl and toss until all ingredients are coated. (I usually stir the ingredients together enough to distribute the dressing, and then seal the bowl with a tight-fitting lid and shake, shake, shake!)
- Refrigerate at least one hour prior to serving for best results.
If I make this dish several hours ahead of time, I usually omit the lettuce before refrigerating, and then add it just prior to serving so that it still has a little "crunch" to it.
I’ve also added diced cucumbers and/or diced tomatoes to this dish and it STILL tastes amazing!
Try this for your next cookout… I’ll bet you won’t have any leftovers 😉
Don’t forget to CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE and LEAVE A COMMENT to let me know what you think!